Friday 21 February 2014

Leipzig - Clara has arrived!

Tuesday, 4 February 2014
ARRIVED.


The view from my window!
Now if somebody up there was crafting my first few moments in this lovely German world, he would be very proud of managing to slip in some classic foreshadowing to the opening scene of this epic. On leaving the airport and getting into the taxi to go to our new flat, I had to sit in the front. So, having popped my suitcase (0.2kg under the weight limit YUSSSS) into the boot, I scurried eagerly round to the front to jump into the passenger seat to find myself about to clamber in front of the steering wheel, much to the amusement of the driver who very loudly called me an idiot. Fair enough. 

Anyway. Leipzig is great.

The flat we are living in is quite possibly the coolest thing ever. It's very Gaudi-esque with loads of crazy hand made clay modifications and bits stuck to the wall and mosaic-ed bits everywhere. It's somebody's house that they're just renting out for the months that we're out here whilst they're not in the country and I'm going to be so sad to leave it!! But that's not for ages so I guess I'm all good on that front.
So yes.. it's very cool. And the other two have equally crazy rooms, and the kitchen and bathroom are all hand made and amazing

That's all for now - look out for the next installment!

Clara

No comments:

Post a Comment